Monday, May 2, 2011

1st Grade Final Georges Braque Projects

Today was a great day, because I was able to collect and display the student artwork in the room on the bulletin board that was provided for the students to display their work.  It was very rewarding to see that most of the students truly understood and applied the concepts of cubism.  The students learned a brief history of Georges  Braque, and his influence on Cubism.  Student additionally learned vocabulary words relating to cubist theory, such as planes, shading, geometric, abstract and many more.  In general this assignment was a good introductory project for students to use the medium of charcoal, and to see how shading applies to other types of art making.  I am hopeful that the students will retain, and talk about this assignment for a long time to come.  Ultimately I am very proud of how well the assignment was delivered and received.  I found that I really only began to thrive and feel comfortable in the classroom when the Cooperating teacher allowed me to have more freedom to manage the classroom.  I definitely see the importance of establishing ground rules for a class, well before any problems arise.  I am grateful for the additional classroom experience and will use this to better understand how I can alter  my teaching strategies in order to better communicate with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment