Sunday, April 3, 2011

Entry 7

I am looking forward to meeting and teaching in my first class.  I believe that it will be quite challenging and even intimidating at first, however I am very confident.  My love for the arts and for passing on knowledge and techniques will certainly carry me through.  As my training continues, my confidence also grows.  By modeling and practicing being a reflective practitioner, I hope to not only inspire but to instill an ongoing passion for the arts in my students.

I just completed a lesson plan using Jim Dine as a reference source for the idea.  I was thinking it would make for an interesting experience for my students around valentines day.  In addition I considered using this as an assessment tool from earlier grades on up to 5th grade to mark improvement over several years.  It would give me a good baseline to be able to know how students are developing both cognitively and in their ability to use and control different media.

I will include a photo of my project, and model of Jim Dine so that you can get a sense of my motivation behind this project.  I hope you enjoy, and feel free to use any and all of my posts and ideas in your own classroom or at home projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment